On a private 4500 hectare concession in the north of the sought after Sabi Sand Private Reserve is Simbambili Game Lodge, famed for its large cat sightings, in particular leopard.
Set on the banks of the meandering seasonal Manyaleti River nestled in dense Knobthorn and Jackalberry trees are the 8 air-conditioned North African styled suites, each with a private plunge pool, sala which is a perfect for the afternoon rest period, indoor/ outdoor bath and shower and various other in-suite conveniences.
The main area has sitting and dining areas with views onto the plains, library, a curio shop, rustic boma for some evening dinners and the comprehensive Amani Spa offering holistic treatments using African plant extracts such as Marula, African Potato, Rooibos and Aloe Ferox to name a few.
This private reserve is home to an abundance of species including 147 mammals (Including the "Big Five"), 114 reptiles, 507 birds, 49 fish, 34 amphibians and 336 trees. With predominantly open savannah this is the perfect safari environment, your day starts with an early morning wake up call before heading out with your ranger and tracker who will open your bush eyes in the hunt for the big and small things and you will also stop at some point for a tea/coffee break to stretch your legs. A full brunch will be served upon your return to the lodge. There will be a late morning bush walk with Shangaan trackers who capture the imagination with their folklore tales and traditional use of plants and trees for medicinal and other ingenious uses.
The remainder of the afternoon will be at leisure to enjoy your suite or some spa treatments. Gather again in the late afternoon for lunch before heading out on the afternoon drive with a sundowner stop. Return to the lodge for a three course dinner followed by time around the camp fire before retiring for the evening.
Your nightly stay here is inclusive of all meals, tea/coffees, snacks, dawn and dusk safaris in open land rovers and daily bush walks.
Children under 12 years will not be accepted unless sole use of the lodge is taken.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours