Savanna Private Game Reserve is welcoming, long standing under stated luxury lodge, is in the western sector of the sought after Sabi Sands Game Reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park. The main area has a social bar and comfortable lounge area around a stone-clad fireplace, opening onto the dinning area with elegant long table and high back chairs which encourages relaxed meals with fine wines, regaling safari stories of the day. A second lounge area and library are in the upstairs loft which has a birds eye view of the watering hole.
There are a couple of room type choices, 7 suites (three of these have a private plunge pool) with an 'Out of Africa' canvas roof, the thatched Savanna Suite which is perfect for families with two en-suite bedrooms with a central spacious lounge and large covered patio. The suites are free-standing suites with a private setting in the indigenous bush and trees, they are beautifully appointed in a blend of classic hand crafted colonial furnishings, fine linen, striking artworks with double doors and large windows leading onto patio with lazy chairs overlooking the gardens and bush beyond. The en-suite bathrooms are a delight with his and hers basins, double showers, Victorian ball and claw baths.
The 10,000 hectares of prime bushveld are explored on morning and late afternoon game drives with professional trackers and rangers, vehicles have bucket seats separated by storage boxes to maximise photographic opportunities with never more than two persons per row unless requested. Optional guided game walks are a must, giving you a chance to see some of the little things up close, hear about the medical uses of plants, this is usually done after the morning drive and breakfast but can also be incorporated into the game drive on request. There is a central swimming pool, nearby golf course and additional message treatments to indulge in the quiet hours of the day between game drives.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours