Notten's Bush Camp is an old-established family-run bush camp which eschews the luxury of the modern world, preferring the simple pleasures of life in the bush.
The camp is small, with just seven double rooms, and personally run by the Notten family who are your hosts.
Because it is owner-run, there is continuity – most of the staff have been there more than 10 years and the chef has been there 20 years! Needless to say, the food is first-class.
The seven private suites at Notten's are furnished in traditional style, with antique mahogany and cane furniture. Without electricity, the rooms are lit by candlelight and oil lamps which create an enchanting, romantic atmosphere.
Rooms are equipped with a bath as well as a shower, and cooled by a ceiling fan. Each room has a private viewing deck.
An open-plan lounge leads onto a wooden deck from where you have splendid view of a wide plain and waterhole.
Activities at Notten's Bush Camp
The very experienced rangers will show you the prolific wildlife of the Sabi Sands – leopard sightings are common on these drives. During the day you can also go out on bush walks, or visit a local village - many of the staff are from the local community.
There is a massage deck and a range of therapeutic treatments are available, including the special kahuna massage.
During the middle of the day the swimming is a refreshing treat and provides an ideal spot to relax.
Children of 6 and over are welcome at Notten's. There is a family unit – two rooms sharing a bathroom and also two of the rooms can become triples.
Notten’s is in the southern Sabi Sand and therefore very accessible by vehicle. It is 90 minutes drive from Kruger Mpumalanga airport, and about the same distance from Hazyview. You can self-drive in or take a transfer. There is a direct flight from Johannesburg – the camp shares the Mala Mala airstrip, or you can fly in from Kruger Nelspruit airport.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Visit the majestic Victoiria Falls from Zambia
- Embark on thrilling game drives in the Sabi Sand Reserve
- Search for Africa's big cats and the big five with wildlife guides
- Reach the top of Table Mountain and meet the penguins of Boulder Beach
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours