Rhino Walking Safaris has two camps in an exclusive 12,000-hectare concession within Kruger Park. Rhino Post Safari Lodge has eight glass-fronted canvas and thatch rooms overlooking a dry river bed and operates as a luxury game lodge, with fine food, wine cellar, pool and rejuvenation centre. The whole camp has been built to preserve the wilderness ambience and to have minimal impact on the environment. Plains Camp is simpler, with just four African explorer-style tents, which stand on wooden decking. The tents are 40 m2 and have en suite facilities. The camp is set in an acacia thicket on an open plain, overlooking a waterhole, and has a small plunge pool.
Plains Camp is the base for walking safaris. Making an early start, no more than eight walkers, accompanied by two expert and armed guards, spend the morning following rhino trails and elephant paths. Back at camp for lunch, there is time to relax around the pool before the late afternoon walk or game drive.
Alternatively, you can take a three-night trail, walking from camp to camp. There is also the opportunity to sleep out under the stars on a treetop platform, complete with mosquito net and raised bathroom.
Sleep outs are an extra activity and are at no extra cost - prior arrangement required. Plains Camp - no minimum required for a sleep out, however if the first guest to reserve their trail requests a sleepout, then all subsequent reservations will be required to participate.
Daily programme on walking trail
Early morning wake up call with a cup of fresh coffee (or tea) served in the lounge to meet your walking guide before heading out for a few hours. Return to camp before the heat of the day starts for brunch and some quiet time to enjoy the camp. Gather for high tea before the afternoon walk and sundowners. A hearty dinner is served in camp and drinks around the fire.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours