Tintswalo at Waterfall is located within the 200 hectare Waterfall Country & Equestrian Estate, just ten minutes drive north of Sandton and a 40 minute drive from Johannesburg Airport, Tintswalo at Waterfall is a peaceful place to stay when passing through Johannesburg.
The hotel is designed to resemble a stone barn, with thick walls and heavy bolted timber roof trusses. The simplicity of this design is offset by beautifully appointed rooms, earth tones, dark rough cut wood, steel and textured fabrics. Each of the 16 spacious and well- appointed luxury suites is named after a famous horse breed, and individually themed and decorated in the colours and characteristics of each breed. The suites look out over the polo fields or the estate dam and have superb views of the distant Magaliesberg Mountains and surrounding countryside.
You can pass the time in the hydro- therapy Vital Source Spa which offers a Vichy shower, hydro bath, and sauna/steam room. State- of-the-art treatment rooms with water-facing views are available for personalised treatments. There is also a fully-equipped gym and a three-mile walking trail on the estate. The cuisine here is excellent, and the wine cellar exceptional.
Food style is contemporary with world-wide influences. All meals are special, but the breakfasts, served overlooking the polo field, are particularly noteworthy and not to be missed.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours