Ocean View Hotel is in Coffee Bay, a tiny settlement on one of the loveliest stretches of the Wild Coast.
It’s a quiet hotel, right on the beach, with good food and very friendly staff. It’s a wonderful place for walking - over the cliffs to deserted coves and along the coast to Hole-in-the-Wall, fishing, and simply relaxing on the deserted sandy beaches.
One of the things which make Coffee Bay special is that this is one of the very few African villages that is on the coast and you will feel the difference. You will meet the local inhabitants going about their everyday lives, and if you wish, you can wander up the hill to the kraals. Everyone is very friendly.
You can join a local guide on a cultural visit and learn about Xhosa customs and traditions, abseil down one of the sheer cliffs that characterise the coastal scenery of the Eastern Cape, take an adventurous guided quad bike excursion along cattle tracks – or relax by the pool.
There are 29 rooms, most with good sea views and only 50 metres from the beach. Coffee Bay is a five-hour drive from Durban, or four hours from East London. Alternatively, you can fly to Umtata and either collect a car, or have a one-hour transfer.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours