Winchester Mansions is situated on the Atlantic seaboard, just 5 minutes from the Waterfront, this gracious hotel was voted best 'Luxury Hotel' in the AA accommodation awards in 2001, 2002, 2004 and 2006!
When Managing Director Nils Hecksher took over the Winchester ten years ago, he made it his mission to transform the hotel and has done so. It was not an easy task. The building started life as mansion flats and every room is slightly different. A loft floor was added, and the loft rooms, some of which have balconies, are among the nicest in the hotel. There has been a recent major refurbishment and the Winchester look has moved away from the old paisley and chintz style towards plainer, more muted fabrics.
The Winchester offers a variety of luxurious rooms and suites with mountain or sea views. Seven of the suites have two separate bedrooms, providing comfortable family accommodation. All 51 luxurious rooms and 25 lavishly furnished suites are equipped with satellite TV with international channels, telephone, electronic safe, mini bar, tea & coffee-making facilities, separate walk-in showers in all the bathrooms and air conditioning. There is wireless connectivity throughout the hotel.
The Winchester has a heated swimming pool, and first-class facilities for golf, gym, horse riding, paragliding and sailing are available nearby. The Ginkgo Spa will pamper you with therapies ranging from massages to facials - or go for the ultimate full day package.
Harveys at The Mansions restaurant, bar, courtyard & terraces is fast becoming the hot spot among the wide choice of contemporary Cape Town restaurants. The superb location, combined with delectable cuisine and attentive service, make it a firm favourite with visitors and locals alike. The Harveys menu includes traditional Cape cuisine. In keeping with the hotel's emphasis on personal service, diners are welcome to request special dishes. The difficulty is in choosing between a spectacular ocean view and the tranquil piazza-like courtyard!
Winchester Mansions will appeal to people who want a solid, comfortable, slightly old world, small hotel where the staff will know you by name and you can rely on the standards of service.
At the same time, the hotel likes to project a modern image, and it does this most successfully on Sundays.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours