Kensington Place is a small, exclusive hotel set on the slopes of Table Mountain in one of Cape Town's prime residential areas.
When it comes to stylish charm, Kensington Place, just at the top of the Kloof, wins the prize. It’s fun to walk down Kloof Street into town, but get a taxi back, unless you want an energetic up-hill walk home!
The hotel gardens provide a restful enclave in hot weather and the pool is perfect for a refreshing dip, after sight seeing or shopping. Understated elegance and luxury are the hallmarks of this memorable, boutique hotel, recently nominated one of the top ten establishments in Cape Town by Condé Nast Traveller.
The eight bedrooms at Kensington Place are sensuously decorated in a contemporary mix of African and European styles, perfect for those who want chic good-looks or romance.
Each has a marble bath and a private terrace, with magnificent views of Table Bay, the harbour, city skyline and mountains. With its emphasis on romance and discreet service, everyone staying at the lodge feels like a honeymooner!
All rooms also have complimentary laptops, Skype phones.
Breakfast is delicious, with fresh juices, croissants and a full cooked menu, and is served in the cool of the gardens (weather permitting) or on your terrace. It is available all day for those who have been exploring Cape Town’s lively nightlife and find themselves in a different time zone.
A formal dinner in the hotel is an option three nights a week for guests who would like to dine in. Free membership of a local gym is included, and complimentary oysters and champagne are served three evenings a week.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours