Four Rosmead is a four-star boutique guest house in Oranjezicht, a great location in Cape Town on the slopes of Table Mountain and within walking distance of Green Market Square, the parliament buildings and Company Gardens.
The views across Cape Town and Table Bay from the large guesthouse windows are exceptional.
The house was built in 1903 and is classified as a provincial monument. Owner David Sharrock fled the world of Joburg investment banking to realize his dream, remodelling the house into of a stylish French–inspired guest house.
The interiors have a clean, modern look and are designed to make guests feel at home. Walls are adorned with paintings by well known South African artists, including:
- Katherine Wood,
- David Kuijers,
- Johan Smith,
- Anine Barnard and
- Isabel Le Roux.
The ten en suite bedrooms are individually decorated in a modern classic style. There is one suite, situated in a pretty cottage, four deluxe rooms with queen beds and theluxury rooms with twin/king beds. The deluxe rooms each have balconies with fantastic views. Other rooms open onto patio gardens. Rooms all have flat screen TVs, and Caesar stone slabs in the bathrooms.
Facilities at Four Rosmead
The hotel has a lovely solar-heated pool, a ‘pamper’ spa, and landscaped gardens, irrigated through they use of recycled grey water from the hotel. There is wireless broadband internet throughout. The menu caters for vegetarians.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours