De Waterkant Village is an enclave of narrow cobbled streets beside Bo Kaap, the old Malay Quarter, overlooking the Waterfront in Cape Town.
Here, a cluster of 18th and 19th century terraced cottages have been restored to offer a spacious and luxurious accommodation, with a strong emphasis on interior design – many of the owners are architects and designers.
Quite a few of the cottages have roof terraces with splendid views of the harbour.
There are one-, two- and three-bedroom units, all fully serviced, and a central reception office to help with any questions you may have. You will find delis, restaurants, shops and wine bars in the Cape Quarter shopping centre in the village. There is even a village café where you can go for breakfast and feel like a real Capetonian!
There is also an elegant and well-loved hotel in the village, De Waterkant House, a beautifully restored 9-roomed Cape Georgian house with a terrace and pool. We recommend Waterkant Village for those seeking something a little different during their time in South Africa – to be part of a community, and to get some feeling of what it could be like to be resident in this fascinating city.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours