Camps Bay Retreat consists of two properties, the turn-of-the-century Earl’s Dyke Manor and the stylishly modern Deck House.
They are set in four acre private grounds, complete with waterfall, mountain streams and only a stone’s throw from the Camps Bay beach. Whether you prefer your accommodation to be traditional or the contemporary, both properties offer you privacy, comfort, elegance and service during your time in South Africa.
The double-height central lounge and entrance area of the Manor House is grand and opulent, with dark wood decor, paintings and objets d’art. All the rooms are plush and period; the honeymoon suite is the largest, with its own open fireplace. This small hotel is the perfect choice for those who like tradition combined with elegant living.
In contrast, the Deck House is contemporary, light and airy, built up in the treetops, with fabulous views. Situated at the opposite end of the grounds to the manor, you reach the Deck House via a sturdy, but unusual, rope and wood-slat bridge over a natural ravine.
The Manor House has six traditionally-furnished rooms with magnificent ocean garden or mountain views. There are some very large suites as well as standard-size rooms. The Deck House has eight rooms, all quite spacious with private entrances and balconies. All rooms have modern conveniences: air-conditioning, mini-bar, satellite TV etc.
Facilities at Camps Bay Retreat
There is a business centre, DVD library and cigar room, helicopter landing pad and a private wine cellar. There are two pools, one for the Manor House and one for Deck House. The gym provides stunning views of the Atlantic, as well as the full range of equipment. The skin and body centre offers a range of beauty treatments, massage, wraps, alternative treatments and treatment packages.
The properties are on the edge of the Twelve Apostles mountain range and you can use one of the mountain bikes provided to head straight off along a natural trail to Chapman’s Peak. Alternatively, play a game of tennis, swim in the heated pool or relax in the gardens.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours