Choose the Blue Train for a stylish, exciting train journey through South Africa.
Navigating the 990 miles from Cape Town to Pretoria, the Blue Train takes you through the breath-taking scenery of this beautiful country, while keeping you in the utmost luxury.
Evoking a wonderful nostaligc atmosphere of the train travel from years gone by, this unique way to experience the country has been previously appreicated by royals, presidents, celebrities and discerning travellers.
Taking 27 hours from start to finish, travel from Pretoria to Cape Town with a stop off in Kimberly for look back at the diamond mining past. Or alternatively begin in Cape Town heading for Pretoria with an excursion to the historic Matjiesfontein, a village suspended in a different age.
The elegant train is equipped with 29 spacious suites, all with either a bath or shower, an observation deck, two lounges and a dining cart where you will be served delicious signature dishes made from the freshest ingredients. Dinner is a refined affair to be enjoyed in a jacket with tie by gentlemen and elegant evening wear by ladies.
Proud of it's five star reputation and exceptional personal service, your every need and request during your stay will be taken care of.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours