Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel is Cape Town's most distinguished hotel, its name synonymous with luxury and first-class service for more than a century.
Set in 9 acres of lush parkland in the heart of the city, the Belmond Mount Nelson has been the hotel-of-choice for visiting statesmen and celebrities. The Mount Nelson is part of the prestigious Belmond portfolio.
The restaurants offer outstanding dining. The Cape Colony restaurant offers an eclectic take on contemporary Cape cuisine, while the Oasis is the perfect venue for al fresco dining, with a health-focussed menu. The hotel is renowned for its lavish afternoon tea buffet served in the beautifully furnished lounge.
For relaxation, there are two heated swimming pools, floodlit tennis courts and a gymnasium. In addition, there is a business centre, body care centre and hairdresser. There is a complimentary shuttle service to the Waterfront.
The 144 bedrooms and 57 suites are grouped in four secluded wings. All are spacious and furnished to an exceptionally high standard, combining traditional décor with modern amenities. Some have balconies and inter-leading rooms are available.
The Belmond Mount Nelson welcomes children. You will find children’s menus in the restaurants, child-size dressing gowns and slippers in the rooms and the gardens are a child’s delight. The hotel offers complimentary bedtime snacks for children, baby products and use of baby monitoring equipment. Your children can borrow books, games and a Playstation, and the hotel will provide a fitted baby seat in its transfer vehicle. Advance notice is needed for some services, so please discuss your requirements with your personal consultant.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours