Why you'll love it here...
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
There are three basic lodges servicing Gola Rainforest National Park:
1) Belebu Community Lodge is owned and run by the resident Belebu community and has 8 single rooms. It has only a shared / communal bathroom with running water. There is a dining area and a 'bari' as well as fire pit in the grounds, which are next to the school. The lodge is 40km from Kenema, south of Lalehun. (Drive time about 90 minutes). The Belebu community guides are praised for their ability to locate forest wildlife including various monkey species and rare birds.
2) The small Diana Monkey Lodge is inside the National Park, in Gola South. It has three rooms with double beds and a shared/communal bathroom. From the site there are two half-day forest trails which are rewarding for various monkeys including the Western red colobus and Diana monkey and there's good birding to be had. Adventurous travellers can combine a stay here with a night's fully equipped camping along the Mahoi River.
3) Lalehun - Gola Rainforest Conservation Centre: this is about an hour's drive (40km) from Kenema, in Gola Central. Basic but comfortable and well tended accommodation; it is the option which we use for our clients due to its location.
Meals are cooked locally - we arrange all provisions for our guests.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours