is on a privately-owned coral cay 95 km north of Mahé, 30 minutes by air. This idyllic island is fringed by fine white beaches and verdant with mature casuarina trees and coconut palms. Coral reefs protect the southern side of the island. Denis is ideal as a refuge from the 21st century or as a base for fabulous diving and fishing.
The 25 spacious, elegant cottages have four poster beds, superb bathrooms and private courtyards with outside shower. All have air-conditioning, private sea-facing verandah, tea/coffee making facilities and minibar. The restaurant is known for its exceptional cooking and as one of the best in Seychelles.
Denis lies on the most northerly edge of the Seychelles Bank, which plunges to a depth of 2000m near the island. Marlin, sailies and barracuda are abundant, and Denis holds world records for dogtooth tuna.
Swimming, snorkelling, canoeing, windsurfing and sailing can be complemented by walks along paths through the lush vegetation and around the former plantation.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours