Bird Island is the most northerly of the Seychelles, a 30-minute flight from Mahé. White sand beaches at the edge of transparent waters border this 170-acre coral cay. Where better to be a castaway?
The island is on the edge of the Seychelles Bank and ideal for big-game fishing. Hawksbill turtles nest on the beach from October through February and, from May to October, there is the spectacle of 2 million migrant sooty terns breeding on the island.
Bird Island Lodge is an award-winning, delightful little retreat of 24 spacious garden cottages set among palm and casuarinas trees, just steps from the ocean. Each has a king-size, four-poster bed, lounge area and private patio. The restaurant has a reputation for its cooking, which is based on fresh, local ingredients.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours