Best Time To Visit
When to go
Réunion has a hot sub-tropical climate with sea temperatures that rarely drop below 23°C. The dry season is May to October, with temperatures 20-25°C. November to March is more humid, with most rain and occasional cyclones in January and February. The interior uplands have an almost temperate climate. It can be cool in the mountains and it's advisable to have some warm clothing for the evenings. In October 2006 it did actually snow on the Piton des Neiges which is over 3,000 metres high.
Air France operates a daily overnight service to Réunion via Paris. Air Austral flies daily from Paris. Air Mauritius flies to Réunion four times a week via Mauritius. With frequent daily flights between Réunion and Mauritius and a regular service to Madagascar, it is easy to visit two contrasting islands. Ask for more information.
GMT +4 hours
As a French department, Réunion is part of the European Community. There are no visa requirements for UK citizens.
There are no health requirements for Réunion. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website - Fit For Travel - for details of recommended vaccinations for travel in Reunion.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours