Travel deep into the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest (2.5 hours from Puerto Maldonado) with a stay at Refugio Amazonas, located in a 200-hectare private area within the Tambopata National Reserve. Refugio Amazonas is ideal for soft adventure and is particularly suitable for families with its rainforest trail and children’s playground. Room are simple yet spacious with direct views towards the rainforest, ceiling fans, mosquito nets and hot water. Immersed in the jungle, the dining room and loft are located on the second storey of the building with eye-level views of the canopy. Meals are self-service with a variety of Peruvian and international options. A highlight of the lodge is the 30m canopy tower with its spectacular views. Watch out for toucans, parrots, macaws and many other species. From a birdwatching blind, admire the claylick with parrots and parakeets descending on clear days to ingest the clay from the river bank. Boat trips, jungle hikes and cultural excursions are also on the activities menu, all on a shared basis.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours