Manu Wildlife Centre is a remote wilderness lodge situated on the banks of the Madre de Dios River in pristine rainforest. From the cities of Cuzco and Puerto Maldonado the lodge can be accessed by a combination of flight, road and river. Manu Wildlife Centre is idea for wildlife enthusiasts, photographers, birders and those who simply want a relaxing rainforest experience.
The lodge offers 22 bungalows constructed with the same sustainably harvested material that local Machiguenga indigenous local people use. Each bungalow has a private bathroom, hot water, screens and mosquito nets. Wi-fi is only available at certain times and there is no phone signal. The dining room and bar are separate from the bungalows. Included meals are hearty and simple consisting mainly of fresh vegetables, fruits, grains and meats. Lush gardens attract birds, butterflies and mammals.
Wildlife highlights at the lodge include a Clay Lick for parrots, parakeets, and red and green macaws; tapir and mammal clay lick; jungle walks and boat rides for wildlife. Two canopy towers which are an easy climb up 144 regular stairs, Giant River Otters, 30 kilometres of rainforest trails, 2 ox-bow lakes with floating catamarans, 11 species of primate, over 600 species of birds plus much other mammal life. A true wilderness and wildlife paradise.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours