Sossus Dune Lodge is the flagship lodge of state-owned Namibia Wildlife Resorts.
It opened in July 2007, to great acclaim, as no effort has been spared to make this a superlative lodge, setting a new standard for state-run lodges in national parks throughout the world.
The lodge has been constructed behind the first mountain ridge inside the Namib-Naukluft Park. It is the only lodge actually inside the Park, and this gives guests exclusive access to the dunes before sunrise and after sunset.
The lodge has an African village design, built of thatch, canvas and wood. The whole structure has been built on elevated wooden decks to avoid too much disturbance to the fragile desert ecosystem.
Accommodation & facilities
There are 25 circular chalets each with a private wooden deck overlooking a spectacular desert panorama. The chalets are connected by boardwalks to the hub which has a restaurant, bar area, relaxation area, swimming pool and reception.
Guided drives and walks are on offer, not only to Sossusvlei, but also to the Sesriem Canyon and other areas of the Namib-Naukluft Park.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Stay in prime locations within the national parks
- completely independent travel through Namibia
- See the wildlife at Etosha
- ascend the dunes at Sossusvlei
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours