Desert Homestead and Horse Trails is a friendly, owner-run, welcoming lodge, just 32km from Sesriem in an idyllic setting.
It offers hearty meals and great value for money.
There are 20 cool and comfortable stone chalets at Desert Homestead & Horse Trails, tastefully furnished and built from local rock, that blend with the environment.
The lounge/dining room is a vast semi-circular room, with a fireplace, stone bar, sofas, and adorned with old farm implements. There is a swimming pool.
Horses are the main attraction here – there are 22 of them. You need riding skills; these are not riding school horses. But if you are a good rider, then you can thunder along in an amazing landscape of plains and dry water courses. The rides are in the cool early morning and again in the late afternoon. Or there is an overnight sleep-out horse trail.
For those who do not ride, there are nature walks, game drives and of course the swimming pool. It is fairly quick to visit the dunes from here too.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours