Polana Serena Hotel has a great location on the splendid Avenue Julius Nyerere in the diplomatic and government quarter.
Overlooking the Bay of Maputo, its majestic façade is redolent of colonial splendour. It has been renovated three times since the end of the war and is in tip-top condition.
The large swimming pool is set in lush landscaped gardens above the sea.
There’s a modern, well-equipped gym and a steam room. A coffee shop provides tasty pastries and light snacks, and the Terrace Restaurant serves Afro-Portuguese fusion buffets on Fridays and Saturdays.
You won’t forget the delicious breakfast served on the terrace at the Polana.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours