Pestana Inhaca Lodge lies about 40 km east of Maputo in Maputo Bay, has sunny beaches, marvellous birdwatching (over 200 recorded species) and reefs for world-class snorkelling and scuba diving.
The lodge has been renovated to a comfortable 4-star standard.
It has a swimming pool, tennis courts and spacious chalets set amidst tropical gardens. The restaurant serves Portuguese cuisine and fresh seafood, as well as Mozambiquan meat dishes. There are frequent barbecue – buffets and meals are usually served on the outside terrace.
The soft sandy beaches are the main attraction on Inhaca and there are miles of them. There are also many walking trails through the forests. There is a village just by the lodge and it’s both fun and fascinating to visit the local village market, with its stalls set out under mango trees, enjoy a drink at the village bar, or tuck into a slap-up seafood lunch at the bamboo and thatch Lucas Restaurant.
The lodge has a fully equipped dive centre, which offers PADI courses and hires equipment for snorkelling, windsurfing and kayaking.
The lodge offers delightful day trips to the nearby tiny Ilha dos Portugueses, for beach and swimming; and to Ponta Torres, for wonderful snorkelling.
It is not as warm here in the winter months as it is further north on the Bazaruto Archipelago, and the lodge can fill up with Maputo residents at weekends. At other times this is an inexpensive way of combining some tropical beach with a Kruger safari.
There are 30 double chalets and ten family chalets, which can accommodate two adults and two children. Chalets are equipped with ceiling fans, mosquito nets and satellite television.
Daily air transfers from Maputo take ten minutes and the lodge meets you at the airstrip and transfers you by tractor and trailer! A road transfer from Nelspruit, at the southern end of Kruger, to Maputo takes less then two hours.
These days, it is also much easier to take a hire car across the border.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours