Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort is set on a secluded private island in the Quirimbas Archipelago which is off the northern coast of Mozambique.
This adult-only African hideaway comprises 12 villas offering an intimate and truly Robinson Crusoe experience. This tiny island is just one kilometre long and 300 metres wide, Anantara Medjumbe Island offers tranquil seclusion and privacy yet is only a short 45 minute light aircraft flight from Pemba International Airport.
The decor of Anantara Medjumbe Island gives the resort a distinct African island ambiance, using colourful patterns to depict the vibrant African culture. Each of the 12 thatched villas are set on the edge of the powdery white sands and include your own private splash pool where you can sit and enjoy a glass of champagne while taking in the breathtaking Indian Ocean views.
Surrounding the island is the Quirimbas National Park which boasts an impressive number of pristine coral reefs, where you are able to snorkel and scuba dive with an abundance of marine life, dolhin andwhale watching boat excursions can also be arranged. For the more active water skiing and wake-boarding are just two of a range of activities available from the resort, or for the true romantic, charter a traditional dhow sailing boat which will take you of to a deserted island from a private beach picnic or spend the night under the twinkling stars with the islands Robinson Crusoe-style star bed experience inviting couples to spend a night sleeping in a king size four-poster bed surrounded by lanterns.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours