Azura Benguerra Island is a luxury eco lodge set in one of the world's most undiscovered, prisitne environments in Mozambique.
Azura Benguerra claims to have a zero carbon footprint and works closely with the local community on conservation and upliftment, and supports a variety of social and environmental projects through the Azura Retreat Rainbow Fund.
Each of the 16 secluded hand built beach villas has a private pool, a stretch of beach frontage, outdoor sala, his and hers outdoor showers, king size beds, air-conditioning and butler service. The 11 infinity villas, have better positions and five-metre infinity pools, whereas the three luxury villas have plunge pools. There is also a two-bedroom presidential villa.
The accent here is on design – a tasteful blend of modern chic and traditional Mozambican: contemporary creature comforts combined with carved wooden beams and local artwork beneath thatched roofs.
The other focus is on food. Azura employs a top international chef and fresh local produce is put together with style and panache. You can eat in the main dining room, on the informal Gecko Deck, at a beach barbecue, or on your private deck. A beach bar serves sushi. There is an extensive wine cellar.
There is a lounge and library, a shop stocking local craftwork, a museum and a cutting-edge spa with treatments based on local ingredients and traditions.
Azura is the perfect choice to enjoy the delights of this archipelago in great comfort and luxury.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours