Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa on Bazaruto, the largest island in the group, demonstrates that you can have all the amenities of a high quality resort set in the beautiful surroundings of the Bazaruto archipelago.
There are 29 beach chalet rooms, extremely well-appointed, which have large, well-stocked minibars, private verandahs, mosquito screens on the French windows, air conditioning, enormous TVs and telephones. The marble bathrooms have sunken baths looking out at the sea, indoor and outdoor rainforest showers and a range of bath products. Below your verandah is your own well-manicured private garden space with hammock and a tsala on the beach.
Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort & Spa makes a point of catering for children, and has a well-equipped children’s centre. A family could opt for two beachfront rooms – some are interleading, others have shared verandahs - or take one of the 12 bay view suites. These are higher up, overlooking the bay, but with no direct access to the beach. Each has two bedrooms and bathrooms, a private living area and a large deck with small private pool. The honeymoon, executive and presidential suites offer even more extensive accommodation. However, meals cannot be taken in the suites.
There are three restaurants. The main restaurant is buffet style. There is a restaurant by the beach club and another by the main pool. Food is of a high standard and the seafood buffet quite sumptuous.
The two large swimming pools both have bars. There are two floodlit tennis courts, a 9-hole golf course, a well-equipped children’s centre, a beach club and a gym.
At the top of the hill overlooking the bay, the hotel's luxury spa is equipped with four treatment rooms, steam rooms, a wet room, hydro pool, etc. It’s also a great place to relax. There is a deck overlooking the bay with a swimming pool, loungers and a juice bar. It offers a range of treatments, including rasul treatments.
Bazaruto is a large island and there are various excursions inland to the freshwater lakes, to local villages and to the sand dunes where the adventurous can try dune-boarding. You can also explore on horse-back. The resort has its own stables with horses to cater for all levels of rider. You can take a sunset cruise on a dhow, or a boat excursion to Pansy Island, or one of the other beaches, including snorkelling and lunch.
There are world-class dive sites in this area and the resort has a fully equipped PADI dive centre where beginners can take a Discover Scuba course. If you have never snorkelled before, then take an Experience Snorkelling course to get you started
A full range of boats and equipment is available and you can charter for a half- or full-day, or join a two-hour sunset fishing trip.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours