The Residence offers understated elegance on a beautiful, kilometre-long beach at Belle Mare, on the east coast of Mauritius. The architecture is inspired by the colonial manor houses of Mauritius, as is the harmonious décor, with its natural colours, polished floors and wrought iron. The signature butler service is also reminiscent of a bygone era. All 135 sizeable rooms and 28 suites have a private verandah, balcony or terrace. The accommodation is lavishly equipped, and tastefully decorated with natural materials and in delicate shades. The marble bathrooms are opulent. Attentive, individual service is provided by the personal valet appointed to each room.
The Residence offers a choice of three restaurants. Fresh local produce is used in the preparation of both Mauritian and international dishes. There is evening entertainment at the Plantation restaurant several times each week.
In addition to the wide choice of complimentary water sports, there are three floodlit tennis courts, a fully-equipped gym, sauna and steam room. Horse-riding, diving, parasailing and deep sea fishing are available for a fee. The Sanctuary Spa, with La Prairie skincare treatments, massage, reiki and tailor-made yoga and meditation programmes, has been voted one of the world’s best spas.
The free Planters children’s club has a new and varied programme of activities and entertainment for children aged 3-12 years and operates from 9.30am – 10pm, ensuring that parents can relax or take advantage of the hotel facilities. For younger children, nannies are available and babysitting is can be provided in the evenings. A nominal fee is charged for these services.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours