Maritim is a popular and well-established all-inclusive hotel ideally situated between Grand Baie, with its shops and cafes, and the historic capital town of Port Louis. It is set in a 25-hectare tropical garden, on the sheltered northwest coast alongside Turtle Bay, a marine park, with a 500-metre wide golden beach. Protected by a coral reef, the waters are safe for swimming and superb for snorkelling, which can be done from the beach. As one of the older hotels in Mauritius, it has a fantastic location. In 2009 it was closed for extensive refurbishment.
The spacious rooms are stylish, very well-equipped, and designed to the highest standards. There are 25 Premium, 97 Privilege and 75 Prestige rooms and 18 suites. Privilege rooms are larger than Premium rooms, Prestige rooms are even more spacious. Facilities include three restaurants, one with live cooking, one for fine dining and a beach seafood grill, three bars, a 9-hole golf course, three tennis courts, a huge tropical flower-spa, a gym, an equestrian centre with 12 horses and ponies, The Turtle Club for 3-11 years, a games room, etc. Free watersports include waterskiing, windsurfing, sailing (Hobie cats and Lasers), canoeing, glassbottom boat trips, snorkelling and pedal boats. Mountain hiking tours, cycling, big-game fishing and scuba diving can all be arranged.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours