Lux* Belle Mare is set on the spectacular white sand beach of Belle Mare and is an outstanding 5-star family hotel renowned for Mauritian hospitality and service. Located on the beautiful east coast of Mauritius, hotel has 174 spacious rooms with private terraces or balconies, all with sea views. The hotel is informally divided into two wings, one preferred by honeymooners and couples for its privacy, and the other, with interconnecting rooms and easy access to the kids club, by families.
The 121 rooms are really spacious – 60m2. The large bathrooms are furnished with oversized baths, big enough for two. Honeymoon suites are 90m2 and include a spa bath. The lagoon suites are closest to the beach. The senior suites are even larger.
LUX* Belle Mare has a wide range of restaurants and bars. Half board guests dine at Rive Gauche, where a variety of tables d’hôte, buffet and gala dinners are served. Alternatively, you can take a credit and dine in one of the hotel’s other restaurants: the gastronomic Indouchine and Le Langoustier, which specialises in seafood. Visits from celebrity chefs are a special feature of the culinary life of this hotel.
In front of the beach, and protected by coral reef, the turquoise waters of the lagoon provide a safe place for swimming and watersports. Facilities include one of the largest swimming pools in Mauritius – nearly 2000m2 - and the Aphrodite Spa, with jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, hydrotherapy and massage rooms, cold plunge pool and high-tech gym. Beauty treatments are also on offer.
A local band provides entertainment every evening, in addition to regular Sega shows and cabarets.
The Little Mermaid is open from 9 am to 9 pm for children aged 3 – 11. There is also a special early children’s dinner in the main restaurant. The teen club organises activities and facilitates making friends. Baby sitting services can be arranged (at additional cost).
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours