Hotel 20°Sud is the first ‘boutique’ hotel on the island and has a premier site at Pointe Malartic. The hotel is set in a coconut grove surrounded by private estates, and is concealed behind huge oak doors. Nestled at the mouth of the bay, it faces east, with a light breeze that is most welcome in the summer. The bay is sheltered from the waves and the breeze makes it a perfect spot for windsurfers and catamaran lovers. In fact, it is a paradise for all forms of sailing.
Unusually for Mauritius, the hotel has just 28 well-equipped rooms. Each has a sea view, and either a terrace or balcony on which to relax, and some beachfront rooms are less than 10 metres from the water. Each bedroom is different, with specially selected furnishings and antiques.
The four Austral suites are justa few metres from the ocean's edge, some with a private pool, others with a Jacuzzi on the terrace.
Facilities include a beautiful swimming pool, a small private beach, windsurfing, Hobie-cat, Laser, snorkelling, waterskiing, sea kayaks, glass-bottom boat – all free of charge. There is a spa offering Turkish Baths, jacuzzi, and massages. The hotel owns three boats and organises private boat excursions with picnics or BBQ and snorkelling at nearby islands. Scuba diving is also available.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours