Accommodation in Marojejy National Park consists of three small, basic camps with mountain huts.
Camp Mantella, at 500m a.s.l. is the first and was refurbished during the pandemic, with 4 of the huts having been rebuilt out of wood. (The other two huts are still in the old format). The new Dining Area was completed in 2020 and a new communal toilet/shower building was erected.
Another 250 meters higher in elevation is the second Camp, Marojejia. Here, the new Dining Area was finished at the beginning of 2022, and 1 of the 5 huts has been rebuilt. New loo and shower buildings were completed.
For now (Aug 2022) we prefer to have our guests staying at these two camps, and not in the 3rd camp (Simpona), as some repairs are still needed in the latter as well as along the trail to the summit, which Madagascar National Parks and other organisations plan to work on in 2022/3.
There is currently no generator so no electricity; all supplies (including beers and cold-drinks) are brought in from Sambava and taken up the mountain by porters. Meals are whipped up in the kitchen areas by your cook and in the past, clients have always given good feedback about the catering.
Bedding is provided. Because the camps are very small, booking your stay is strongly recommended.
Mobile phone signal is possible in parts of the park.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Silky Sifaka and other rare Lemurs
- Iconic Helmet vanga and a plethora of Malagasy rainforest birds
- Leaf-tailed geckos, Climbing mantellas and 'herps' galore
- Spectacular mountain rainforest scenery
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours