Important Notice: This camp is closed for 2022, following extensive damage during the pandemic.
The exemplary Malagasy NGO Fanamby, which manages the Loky-Manambato Protected Area, has established a basic camp here with 8 wooden huts and a communal dining area.
The 8 huts are made of natural material (wood, raffia thatching) and each has an en-suite outdoors shower (bucket style), basin and western-styled flush loo. Note that there is only cold water available here.
In each of the huts, there is a mattress on the ground (or two mattresses for twin bungalows) with bedding and mosquito netting provided.
Whenever we take adventurous wildife-enthusiast clients to Camp Tattersalli, we bring all provisions with from Sambava, which has the nearest airport.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours