About an hour's speedboat ride from Maroantsetra and right by the entrance of the wonderful Masoala National Park, Dounia Forest Lodge offers spacious, wooden bungalows (52 m²), comfortably furnished with large 'King size' beds, en-suite bathroom with separate toilet; closet and private terrace with rainforest and sea views.
This comfortable midrange property is an excellent choice for wildlife enthusiasts who enjoy remote, unspoiled locations and who also appreciate some coastal time.
Guests wax lyrical about the accommodating management, friendly service and good food, as well as the relaxed ambience. Activities include guided day and night rainforest walks for wildlife; Nosy Mangabe reserve island speedboat outings; snorkelling and kayaking.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours