Governors' Il Moran is remarkable not only for superlative game viewing, but for the extraordinary number of people who return to it.
Set among the trees beside the Mara River, Il Moran’s very comfortable 10 tented rooms are positioned to ensure your privacy. Each has a private verandah, large bathroom with shower and Victorian claw-foot bath and super king-size hand-made beds constructed from fallen olive trees, with an atmosphere reminiscent of the British Governor’s original camp.
The three daily game drives are exceptional, but Governors’ Il Moran has the advantage of a prime position inside the Masai Mara reserve and over 30 years’ experience of training and developing its safari guides. Safari vehicles are custom-built 4WD Landcruisers.
Walking safaris are offered morning and afternoon in a private concession beside the reserve. Accompanied by a qualified naturalist and Masai scout, you track game and get a direct, unmediated experience of the bush. At the end of an afternoon walk, you will enjoy sundowners and ‘bitings’ as the sun sets on the horizon.
Take a balloon safari and admire the Mara River’s meanders and ox-bows, hippos and crocodiles from the air. Look down on giraffe and elephant and watch vast herds of plains game grazing on the savannah before your champagne bush breakfast. The annual migration of millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelles takes place between July and September. To reach the green grasslands of the Mara, they must brave the Mara River. With its riverside location inside the reserve, Il Moran is at the centre of the Great Migration.
International contemporary cuisine using herbs and vegetables for Governors’ own kitchen gardens.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours