Ol Pejeta Bush Camp is a small, intimate and very traditional camp owned and run by the friendly Alex and Diana Hunter. It has a beautiful location on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
The camp has six tents which can be set-up as either doubles or twins and one tent can be used for a family of four. The tents are simple, yet comfortable with en-suite toilet and safari shower. The camp can be booked exclusively for a group and additional temporary tents can be added if necessary.
All food and drinks are included at camp. Fresh daily bread is made in the charcoal safari oven and there is a wide range of choice of meats, salads and vegetarian options. Beef, lamb and honey comes directly from the conservancy and the bush breakfast and picnics are a real treat.
Ol Pejeta looks to offer a unique kind of safari experience combining the more traditional game drives and walks with an insight into the daily running of a wildlife conservancy and cattle ranch. Visits to see the Northern White Rhinos, the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary and hippo hide, taking part in Lion tracking and wildlife monitoring, learning about wildlife-livestock integration and seeing local schools and community projects are all possible. You can even self-drive a vintage landcruiser or if you wish take a guided run on the plains. (some activities at extra cost).
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours