Waterlovers Beach Resort provides luxury accommodation with an intimate, friendly charm and an eco-conscience at its core. The location is unbeatable, the perfect setting for an African beach holiday. Housing eight cottages and a family villa, Waterlovers is stretched along 25km of pristine Diana Beach on Kenya’s south coast. The owners Riccardo and Valentina designed and constructed the hotel themselves, their plans avoiding the disturbance of any of the neighbouring nature and wildlife. Active members of Ecotourism Kenya, the environmental measures range from solar panels heating the water, the room’s décor including recycled glasses to supporting projects for the local community.
Inspired by Swahili, a blend of the East African and Arabian cultures, the interior design of the rooms creates a wonderful atmosphere and a delicious taste of the area’s heritage. Each cottage has a private veranda overlooking the crystal clear waters, the white sands and waving coconut trees beckoning you outside. The villa is the ideal option for families, a self contained haven with four en-suite bedrooms.
The restaurant, Tides, combines Mediterranean cuisine with African coast ingredients, proudly using only the freshest quality produce to create delicious homemade meals. Dine on crab fagottini with avocado and lime sauce then passion fruit mousse with white chocolate flakes, all whilst overlooking the Indian Ocean.
The resort offers plenty of activities to fill your day. Take a boat to the coral reef just 700 metres from the beach to snorkel or dive the colourful exotic seabed rich with underwater flora and fauna. Or if you don’t fancy getting your hair wet enjoy a sea safari trip, looking out for sea turtle, whale shark and numerous species of vibrant reef fish. For adrenaline seekers, take to the water for kite-surfing and windsurfing lessons, the conditions ideal for beginners and experts.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Responsible and eco friendly accomodation
- Big Five in the Masai Mara
- Relaxation onthe Kenya coast
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours