The Sands At Nomad was the first luxury boutique hotel at Diani. At the edge of the coastal forest, it stands in luxuriant green lawns fringed by the brilliant white sand at the southern end of Diani beach. In an imaginative and stylish development of traditional Swahili architecture, the hotel provides 37 individually designed, air-conditioned rooms, beachfront cottages and suites furnished with hand-carved mahogany and Swahili artefacts. Suites have private verandahs and some have jacuzzis. Kite- and windsurfing, boogie boards and kayaks are available at the hotel.
The 5-star PADI dive centre next door offers courses and access to the reefs off the Kenya coast. Luxury boats can be hired locally for private marine safaris or beach barbecues. The Forest Breeze centre offers massage and beauty treatments. The bar looks out over the pool and the beach, an ideal spot for watching the sun set over the Indian Ocean – before you have to decide whether to dine in the beach restaurant or at the exclusive Red Pepper restaurant at the ocean’s edge.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours