Pinewood Beach Resort & Spa is a relaxed and genuinely friendly beach resort on the quieter, less developed Galu Beach 7km south of Diani, where you can walk for miles. The 58 air-conditioned rooms and suites set among the lush tropical gardens, visited by Colobus monkeys and birds from the surrounding forest.
Standard rooms are on the upper floor and have a netted king-size bed and a private balcony with garden or forest view. The spacious suites are on the ground floor and provide double showers and the services of a personal chef for excellent private dining.
The watersports centre offers an adventurous choice including water-skiing, kite- and windsurfing, jet-ski, snorkelling, big game fishing, and diving, with regular sightings of Manta rays and Whale Sharks. If you can drag yourself away from the pool or the beach, you can discover Kinondo Forest and the traditional culture of the local Digo community on a guided mountain bike tour. The Maisha Spa offers a menu of massages and there is also a gym. Four restaurants provide a choice of venue for both lunch and dinner and there is evening entertainment at one of the bars.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours