Hacienda San Lucas occupies a lovely hillside location fifteen minutes from Copan Ruinas. Set in a one hundred year old Spanish colonial hacienda, Hacienda San Lucas is an intimate eight room boutique lodge.
The owners have ensured there is a real emphasis on sustainable tourism by training their local staff, minimising electricity input and replanting over four thousand trees. Inside the hacienda, there are beautiful common areas and from the garden guests can even see some of the Copan ruins. Guests can dine at the restaurant where meals are served family style and international and traditional cuisine are prepared using local ingredients and ancient local techniques. On the land itself there is a small archaeology site, Los Sapos, and from the hotel guests can easily can go on walking trails. Guests can even attend yoga retreats in the yoga studio at Hacienda San Lucas!
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours