One of two lakeside hotels which we recommend to our clients, Sabana Beach Resort makes for the perfect place at which to end a busy trip around Ethiopia.
Drive time from/to Addis Ababa is about 4 - 5 hours - longer if stops of cultural or historical interest are made along the way. The lodge is set in 6ha grounds on a cliff overlooking the lake, which is surrounded by Acacia woodland. Service is excellent. The large Tukul-styled restaurant serves excellent food from a varied menu which includes many European dishes and has a gluten-free section. Chalets have comfortable beds and en-suite bathrooms.
Because of drive times, we strongly recommend a 2 night break here, allowing for time to enjoy what the area has to offer. Langano is the only lake in the region where swimming is safe as it is free of hippos, crocs and bilharzia. Inevitably, you will see guests enjoying a dip in the lake waters off the beach.
One of the memorable experiences to be had here is listening to the birdsong cross-fading at dusk into a chorus of frogs and other nocturnal sounds. Pure African magic at its best!
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours