Beautifully located on the lip of a small, forested gorge in a lush, sub-tropical area near the town of Yirg Alem (about 45km south of the busy town of Hawassa), Aregash Lodge has a very relaxed ambience making it ideal for people wanting to relax for a couple of nights after a busy tour around Ethiopia.
Owned by a Greek-Ethiopian family who have had the plot of land for more than 50 years, Aregash Lodge has pleasant gardens, a good restaurant with well stocked bar, and helpful staff.
The property produces its own coffee, among the very best in Ethiopia! (We visited and tried it out in May 2016).
The 15 Sidamo-styled en-suite rooms are built from bamboo and thatch. They have one or two bedrooms each and a sitting room/lounge.
In the grounds, birdlife is prolific and wildlife includes cheeky Grivet and Guezera monkeys. At dusk, the staff call out some resident Spotted hyenas, so guests can witness some hyena feeding while enjoying a coffee ceremony under the trees.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours