One of Lalibela’s most popular accommodations today, this no-frills lodge is owner-run by Habtamu Kebadu, who was born and raised there and who has assembled a great team. His staff work hard to ensure that guests feel at home in this 10-room property.
We last stayed there in October 2018 and enjoyed the relaxed ambience as well as breakfasts on the terrace. The owner’s passion for tourism becomes very apparent when you converse with him.
The comfortable rooms are in brick bungalows with partially thatched roofs. Each has an en-suite bathroom and a private veranda overlooking the Lasta mountains. The restaurant serves traditional and European dishes.
There is wifi access in the restaurant only.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours