Ideally situated five minutes drive from Gondar Airport, Mayleko is arguably the town's best accommodation.
The lodge has 20 spacious bungalows which are tastefully furnished with rustic, traditionally designed furniture.
The restaurant has a terrace from where there are lovely views of the mountains. A swimming pool offers the chance for refreshing dips in the summer months.
The lodge is traditionally constructed using reclaimed hardwoods, sustainable and recycled materials and has drawn upon local labour with the aim of minimizing impact on the environment.
Energy efficiency and ethical employment practices are promoted with consultancy of the local community.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours