Mawamba Lodge is set amidst the lush jungle in Tortuguero National Park, between the Caribbean Sea and the Tortuguero canals.
The lodge has 58 rustic style rooms, two docks for easy access to canal trips and a swimming pool with a Jacuzzi. Many excursions are included at Mawamba Lodge such as nature trails, kayaking and night tours.
Guests can also explore the national park via the canals for spectacular bird watching. Green sea turtles come to Tortuguero to lay their eggs between July and September.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours