Located in the northern Guanacaste region, near the town of Bagaces, Rio Perdido has a unique location within Costa Rica’s tropical dry forest.
Flanked on either side by two deep canyons, the lodge is surrounded by volcanic mountain ranges clad by dwarf-forest. The hotel has 20 stand-alone bungalows surrounded by natural vegetation and decorated in fresh, bright colours. The private balconies have hammocks and this is the ideal place to relax during the heat of the day.
The combination of locally sourced food and the skilled chefs from the nearby town of San Bernando, gives a truly authentic feel to the dining experience. The careful design of the restaurant ensures natural coolness during the heat of the day, and the superb panoramic views of the forest making dining here a very pleasant experience.
The true highlight at Rio Perdido is the range of activities. Experience the forest on a zip-line adventure in Rio Blanco canyon, tube the gentle rapids of the White Canyon or explore the area on the 12 mile network of biking tracks and the mix of landscapes from the dry dwarf forests, bridges, rocks, rivers and pastures.
After your day of adventure relax with a massage n the spa or by one of the thermal pools next to the hotel. A short walk into the forest are natural pools, ideal for an all over mud experience.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours