Tierra Chiloe is an architectural jaw dropper of a hotel situated on the beautiful island of Chiloé. Considered by us to be an unforgettable place to stay in Latin America, The wooden construction was built on stilts to reflect the style of the island's traditional palafito houses. All 12 stylish and contemporary rooms have floor to ceiling picture windows with gorgeous scenic views of the Reloncaví Sound.
The décor is minimalist and contemporary that allows the spotlight to shine on local furnishings such as simple wooden furniture, basketry and sheepskin throws. The restaurant specialises in locally caught seafood from the Pacific, and excellent Chilean wines.
Guests can relax at the Uma spa. Tierra has its own boat as well as sea kayaks for inland water exploration. A variety of shared excursions are on offer at Tierra to highlight the island's beautiful landscapes, reveal its history, and unravel the myths and legends of this remote community.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours