Hotel O'tai is a small family-run hotel situated 5 minutes from the heart of Hanga Roa town in a great location amidst a pretty tropical garden.
O’tai as it name suggests (means ‘in the coast’), is set a few minutes walk from the sea and offers an outdoor pool and restaurant featuring Rapa Nui specialities.
Founded in 1968, this hotel began as a 4 bedroom property but now boasts 40 Ariki rooms which are simple but spacious and comfortable and all boast a small private terrace. There is a small pool on the property.
Over the road from the Hotel O'tai is the post office of Hanga Roa where you can get your passport stamped with Moai.
With its warm and welcoming atmosphere, this hotel is one of the most established on Easter Island.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours