Arriving in the perfectly preserved historic town of Paraty feels like stepping back in time. The contemporary Pousada Literaria, a luxury hideaway featuring just 23 rooms is set within fully restored Portuguese colonial houses. High-end finishes combined with designer touches such as block colours, geometric patterns, bold fabrics and polished wood furnishings decorate the sophisticated bedrooms all large enough for king size beds. For a special occasion, speak to a Travel Specialist upgrading to the Paraty Suite, spread over two floors with a living room and bedroom with fireplace.
Breakfast can be served at any time and snacks and drinks are available at the bar all throughout the day. The Quintal das Letras Restaurant serves contemporary international dishes using local produce and is run by celebrated chef, Claudia Mascarenhas. Amenities at the pousada include an outdoor swimming pool in the central courtyard, a dry sauna and a massage room. Guests here are also welcome to browse the private collection of books. Pousada Literarias staff is made up of local members of the community, who are on hand to share the area’s history and assist with arranging trips to the nearby places of interest. At Rainbow, we reccomend asking about a secluded beach or a birdwatching picnic.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours