Asalem is a secluded, rustic family-owned property situated on the tropical island of Ilha Grande, overlooking the spectacular bay of Abraao and a short taxi-boat ride from the town. With only four standard suites and one new suite by the water, Asalem is ideally suited to those seeking true privacy and tranquillity. On one side the property looks out onto the water and the other it is back by lush Atlantic rainforest. The comfortable suites have great views and the new suite has floor-to-ceiling windows and a hammock. Guests can expect a tasty breakfast, fresh fruit picked from the hotel’s trees and fresh fish at dinner. It is about a 20 minute walk into the small town of Abraao.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours