Sanctuary Stanley's Camp sits on the southernmost tip of Chief’s Island, overlooking the Okavango Delta’s Boro River and bordering the famous Moremi Game Reserve. This luxury camp captures the elegance of a bygone safari era; the furniture is antique, linen is of the finest quality and oriental rugs cover the wooden floors. If you like traditional style, gourmet cuisine and vintage wines, this is an ideal camp for you.
The camp’s eight classically styled, luxury safari tents, all have private facilities, ceiling fans and fabulous views over the expansive floodplains. Hammocks on the balcony are perfect for relaxing in the African sunshine. The main area is raised on decking and built around a Sausage Tree, with comfortable lounge and bar areas.
Stanley's also offers some of the best big game viewing in the Okavango Delta, including buffalo (a 2,000 strong herd in the dry season), elephant, giraffe, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog.
To top it all, there’s a semi-habituated trio of African elephants here, providing a fantastic opportunity to spend a day learning about the elephants’ habits and social structures. Elephants often live for 50 years, so when Doug and Sandi Groves adopted Jabu, Thembi and later Morula, rescuing them from culling operations that had left them as orphans, they knew they were making a life-long commitment. Day and night time 4WD game drives, walking safaris with a professional guide and water safaris in mokoros are all on offer, although the water activities may depend on the water level. Children are welcome but under nines cannot be accepted as the camp is unfenced.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours